When you make an appointment to visit Shout Hearing Healthcare we will ensure you feel comfortable and welcome. Coffee, tea and home-made cakes are always on offer!
What to expect at Shout
- We will assist you with any requirements to receive government funding or general information about health fund claims.
- We may send questionnaires for parents and teachers to complete prior to paediatric appointments.
- Expect the first appointment to take approximately 1 hour.
- We encourage family members or friends to attend to offer support.
What happens at a test?
- Each ear is tested separately on both your perception of sound and speech discrimination.
- Our audiologists will conduct Otoscopy, Tympanometry, Acoustic Reflexes, Audiometry and Speech Testing.
- Your communication goals that are individual to your lifestyle and needs are assessed.
- Your results are explained and we work with you to tailor a individualised rehabilitation plan that will help you to achieve your communication goals.
- We build a comprehensive case history of hearing and any medical information relevant to your hearing health.
- We will write a comprehensive report of your hearing test results and our recommendations for your GP or ENT.
Family and friends are encouraged to come along to the appointment to offer support; your family and friends will be an important part of your success.