National Relay Service – Information for our clients and community…
This article has just appeared in the Deafness Forum of Australia ‘oneinsix’ February 2021 newsletter. I hope this information helps any of our clients or anyone in our community that needs to access the National Relay Service.
Register now for access to National Relay Service:
If you are a NRS user and want to continue to use the service, you need to register before 20 April.
To register, you need to complete a form and provide a copy of a support document that has your name and address on it. You only need to register once. There are different ways you can register:
• Online at https://nrschat.nrscall.gov.au/nrs/registration
• Users of NRS Chat and NRS Captions can also register from the NRS call pages
• By post: You can download a registration form online, complete it, and post it with a copy of your support document to National Relay Service, PO Box 691 Ballarat VIC 3353
• The NRS Helpdesk can also post the form to you if needed.
• By email: Download and print the registration form, complete it, then scan and email this along with your support document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you fill in the registration form, make sure to include all the phone numbers you make NRS calls from. If you make Video Relay calls, include your Skype ID.
If you need help to register or have any questions, please contact the NRS Helpdesk. The Helpdesk is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm (AEST, excluding national public holidays). You can also leave a message outside these hours and a Helpdesk staff member will get back to you.
Phone: 1800 555 660
TTY: 1800 555 630
SMS: 0416 001 350
To stay up-to-date with the latest information about registration, sign up to receive Accesshub News and Alerts.
Clinical Audiologist | Director
Shout Hearing Healthcare